Sunday, May 23, 2010

Date Night...With the Library

Weekends are a big deal around our house. We really value the time that we have to spend with each other, even though it seems to get shorter and shorter as our lives get busier. This past Friday, while I so would have rather spent some quality time with my husband, I spent a good amount of time in the library studying for midterms. I sat down, logged into the computer and got things all in to place before I finally had some time to take a look around me. Not surprisingly, I was one of very few people in the LRC. As I glanced around I noticed that not one person in there was doing homework. The guy just a couple of seats next to me would switch between some computer game and chatting with a friend. Another guy, I noticed, as I walked by him had "Addicting Games" across his computer screen before he shyly minimized the screen and then looked over his shoulder to see just who was walking by. As I was leaving the library, another girl was reading some Japanese comic online. I just can't understand why so many people would CHOOSE to spend their Friday night in the library for such unproductive reasons. Any ideas?!

3 comments:

  1. haha, I have no idea, but that is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the visual of the guy looking over his shoulder. If you're embarrassed about what you're doing online, why do it? (Especially at a public library?)

    ReplyDelete